Jedlie of We Choose Respect Podcast & Holli Kenley
~ Another Way Wednesday ParentCast ~
An entertaining and informative series about the characters, the storyline, and the lessons in “Another Way“!
Parents, Youth, and Youth Leaders!
Get a copy of “Another Way” and follow along! Or, take a listen and learn! Either way…
Get Ready to Get Empowered!!
“Another Way” Makes Her Debut on We Choose Respect ParentCast! [ LISTEN NOW ]
- Why is “self-worth” so important, especially for young people?
- How can parents and guardians connect and communicate with their children regarding those “tough” topics?
- How can we empower our young people to make healthy decisions?
And now, get ready for “Another Way Wednesday Series”!
Introduction – Meet The Characters & Discover What “Another Way” Can Do For You! [ LISTEN NOW ]
- Who is the “Another Way Wednesday Series” for and why is it important?
- Another Way is for YOU: parents/ guardians, youth, and youth leaders, mentors, or counselors.
- Another Way is a compass – a roadmap – a tool – to guide our young people in making healthy decisions!
Lesson ONE – It Feels Right [ LISTEN NOW ]
- What are our kids thinking today about social or at-risk behaviors? Who or what influences their thinking?
- Another Way introduces the difference between the concepts of “feeling ready” versus “feeling it is right”.
- Another Way explains the importance of “feeling like you matter”.
Lesson TWO – Am I Ready? [ LISTEN NOW ]
- What messages does our culture send to our children about social behaviors? What other factors, thoughts, or feelings influence or impact our children’s decisions?
- Another Way provides kids with a process for discovering who they are, what they want, and how to make decisions based on their individual levels of “readiness”.
- Another Way promotes the importance and power of personal worth and of “each one of us matters”.
Lesson THREE – He Really Loves Me [ LISTEN NOW ]
- What do readiness and worth have to do with making healthy decisions? Why is it important for young people to feel that “they matter”?
- Another Way provides tools for discovering what it means for each person to be “ready”.
- Another Way engages young people in a process of self-evaluation, finding out why it is important to value themselves and how a strong sense of self-worth empowers them to make healthy decisions.
Lesson FOUR – I Don’t Belong Here [ LISTEN NOW ]
- What happens when our children’s choices don’t support their worth? How can we empower our children to make decisions which support what is important to them?
- Another Way empowers young people as they discover how their choices impact their worth and how their worth impacts their choices.
- Another Way offers parents and their children tools for making healthy changes.
- Another Way connects parents with their children as parents learn effective tools for communicating about individual worth and value.
Lesson FIVE – I Lied To Myself – I Let Myself Down
[ LISTEN NOW ]
- How can we teach our children to be honest with themselves about their choices? How can we help our children create ownership for their choices and cultivate their self-worth?
- Another Way introduces the concept of the power of self-respect.
- Another Way empowers young people with healthy strategies as they discover how to be honest with themselves, their choices, and with the outcomes of their decisions.
Lesson SIX – Finding Another Way Back [ LISTEN NOW ]
- When our children stumble and fall, what are they feeling and how can they begin again? How does forgiveness relate to their worth and making healthy decisions?
- Another Way introduces a healthy and hope-filled application of forgiveness – “for-giving” ourselves time to heal and make healthy decisions.
- Another Way empowers young people as they discover the relationship between self-forgiveness, self-worth, and decision-making.
Lesson SEVEN – Each One of You Matters! [ LISTEN NOW ]
- “By harming others, we harm ourselves” – What does this mean? Why is it important?
- Another Way introduces a powerful concept – when we harm another person, we also harm ourselves and we diminish our worth.
- Another Way engages young people in a process of taking ownership of their actions, behaviors, and attitudes towards others.
Lesson EIGHT – Circles of Worth and A Code of Conduct [ LISTEN NOW ]
- What do Chloe’s Circles of Worth represent and how do they work? What does Tyrell’s Code of Conduct stand for and how does he apply it? How do these tools empower Chloe and Tyrell to live their lives “Another Way?” How can they empower young people?
- Another Way guides young people through the principles in “Another Way” utilizing concrete tools and strategies, making the concepts “their own” and applying them to their lives.
- Another Way provides a dynamic three part process for young people to discover, define, and determine their worth and make decisions based on their worth and unique levels of readiness.
Lesson NINE – Her [Your] Way [ LISTEN NOW ]
- Once our children decide to live “Another Way”, how can they stay strong against bullying, teasing, and being excluded for not doing what everyone else is doing? How can we as parents support them?
- Another Way provides a process for continual implementation and integration of the lessons in Another Way, supporting young people as they live out what is important to them and standing strong against outside influences.
- Another Way is an ongoing source for parents and guardians, providing communication tools, support activities, and parenting guidelines.
Our kids don’t care what we know until they know that we care!
Keep Communicating! Be Consistent! Remain Compassionate!