After experiencing several years of wellness, I was determined to help other women, and their families, suffering from PMDD (or PMS)! In the 80’s and 90’s, PMS was not only a topic of bad jokes, but it was still largely dismissed as a legitimate medical disorder. I set out and did the following:
- I started leading psycho-educational support groups for women with PMDD and continued doing so for three years.
- I authored a book entitled The PMS Puzzle and spoke to groups educating as many people as I could about the truths of PMS.
- In the mid-90’s, I went to graduate school to obtain a Masters in Psychology with an emphasis in Marriage, Family, and Child Counseling so that I could gain more knowledge on how to further my skills in helping others.
- Before moving into private practice, I worked as a therapist in a large faith-based counseling center for almost a decade. I honed my skills around the areas of abuse, trauma, grief/loss, addiction, codependency, domestic violence, and all kinds of betrayal.
- In 2010, my second book was published – Breaking Through Betrayal: And Recovering The Peace Within. An e-book Betrayal-Proof Your Relationship: What Couples Need to Know and Do was published in 2011.
- I have been a frequent speaker and workshop leader at professional organizations, including a three time presenter at the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapist’s Annual Conferences (2010 -2012).
- I have been honored to be a guest on several radio shows/podcasts and on Good Day Sacramento’s morning TV show speaking on the topic of betrayal.
- Early in 2012, Cyber Bullying No More: Parenting a High Tech Generation, was released. I am passionate about this topic and in helping others.
- Mountain Air: Relapsing and Finding the Way Back…One Breath at a Time – was released April 2013. Mountain Air is for any individual who has experienced any kind of relapse and who is fighting to find his way back!
- My newest book – a powerful novel entitled Another Way – was released March 2015. Another Way is for teens, parents and guardians, and all individuals who work with youth. Check out the tab for Another Way!
What are some of the lessons that I can teach you and that you can apply now to make your life better starting right now? Keep reading and learning.
Contact Holli Kenley at firstname.lastname@example.org.